Tuesday 4 January 2011

Youth of today, innit.

I have recently been walking more, mainly because I'm lazy and it's the most exercise I ever can muster up without wanting to die. However, today was freezing because of a horrendous wind (and because this is a seaside town in the North West of England... so it's always bloody windy). Anyway, to my point, I thought I'd walk a little bit inland to avoid being abused by the wind on the seafront, this - and my life being the way it is - meant I'd obviously get abused by something else, as that's how the world works, right? Now Blackpool is, erm, *achem* a wonderful place and a lot of the abuse you get is usually mildly funny, not because of what they say it, but because of how they say it (I'm aware that me saying it's how not what they say makes me a bit of a stereotypical woman).

Any conversation (/them saying things and me just giving them weird looks) that I have had with anyone under the age of 16 in the past couple of years* has always started with this, and tonight's weirdo child was no different...

A boy outside Tesco Express said "Oi, my mate thinks you're** fit." Now, I think if I was in need of a self-esteem boost, I'm not going to get it from someone who's voice clearly hasn't dropped yet. Obviously I just have to nod at this comment and give them a look of "urgh, but you're children". I'm not gonna be all "fanx, bbz, mebs gimme a text in 10 years time wen u don't sound like Justin Bieber", as that would be sick. Note the Justin Bieber reference, I'm so hip***.

This then turned in to him saying "love, will you get me some fags?", and because I'm still arsey about ever getting anyone fags (even my own parents, cos I'm that much of a bitch), I obviously said no. HOWEVER, this is where I get confused, in what world, seriously, do you then bargain? I said I wouldn't get him fags, and in my mind, if you were gonna bargain (which no-one would, because that's just insane) you could at least go down a level to something, like, I dunno, some super glue or a permanent marker. But clearly not this child...

He then said "well, you could at least give me a blow job." Now, because I went to a school with morons I'm very desensitised to these kind of comments, so much so I actually just said "pah!" in a humorous (and probably a bit mean) way and walked off (the whole time this was going on I was walking, but you get what I mean). I didn't even feel abused, ya know, as a woman just minding her own business down the street and then being hit on BY A CHILD.

This is why Blackpool is both hilarious and awful.




*This obviously doesn't include my sister and her friends, as they have a non-threatening approach to my life
**let's not lie, they probably wouldn't have used the correct "you're".
**Obviously saying hip makes me not hip, but whatever, I can try.

2 comments:

  1. This cracked. me. up.
    In a sympathetic way of course, but still. You're a linguistic genius my friend. AND I GET TO SEE YOU SOON. UH HUH.

    Danni
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was hilarious. Brilliant!

    Was very witty, and made my day ^^

    ReplyDelete