Saturday 5 February 2011

Labour vs Conservative

I finally, FINALLY, told my Dad that I am a Labour supporter. This is really deserving of a whole blog post by the way. The reason this is a big deal is because my Dad is Tory voter (along with the rest of my Dad's side of the family). I KNOW, RIGHT?

I've been slightly scared of telling him for a while (and not because he'll cast me out of the family and make me walk into the Irish Sea, he's not mental.) My reasoning is, once you side yourself with a group, you then become the "go to person" for the opinion of said group... and basically, I really don't want that effort when I'm at home. Really, I don't. I know I'm an argumentative shit, but I don't want a debate when I'm in my jammies lounging around watching the news.

Part of me thinks he may have already known, maybe...probably not. I still have his "why you always going on about that equality?" line in my head. Absolute classic.

However, I'm pretty sure I dodged a bullet by combining the "I'm a Labour supporter" speech with the "I have an internship" speech. Smart move.


This will basically be my life at home from now on.

1 comment:

  1. Very wise move :-)... Yeah annoyingly my dad's side of the family are conservative, where he isn't. Oh well... Congrats on the internship too :-)... Totally understand the predicament though.

    ReplyDelete