Thursday 13 December 2012

Winter/Dry Skin

I decided to write this post both as a help to anyone who suffers with the horrors of wintery dry skin and also as something for me to read back on when next winter rolls around and I'm panicking because I can't remember what I use to cure myself.


I don't just have dry skin, I also have eczema so winter is a complete bitch for me. I can often find my skin so dry that it causes me great amount of pain and I don't want to leave the house. Prescription creams from my doctor tend to do nothing for me as they never feel like they really get into my skin. This is where the Body Shop and Lush have been a great help.



Body Shop's Hemp range is a total lifesaver. After one use I found a huge difference in my skin. I managed to get 50% off this whole order due to a lucky discount code from Sarah's blog. On top of using this I've also been using Ultrabland on my face. The combination of Ultrabland and the Hemp Face Protector before bed has stopped my face becoming dry and tight overnight.

I don't use anything else on my face or body except for these products (oh, and a Lush solid perfume and anti-perspirant)  as I just can't trust anything to not dry my skin out. I can't stress enough how fab these products are. I will, however, highlight that the smell of hemp isn't particularly nice. It's not bad, but it's not yummy in any sense. If the smell is a big thing for you then Body Shop's Shea range is also fab for dry skin, but the smell is a hell of a lot nicer. I will also recommend Lush's Buffy scrub and their Dream Cream.

I hope this post this helps anyone suffering from winter/dry skin. If anyone has any other tips/recommendations please leave them in the comments/tweet me, I'd be happy to know!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment