Thursday 17 June 2010

Spicy naps - tackling the sleep monster.

I just realised how dirty this blog title could sound, it will all make sense soon enough. Do not fear.

I have a great love for spicy food, anything will chillies in, a good curry, whatever. Because I'm an awful person I judge those who can't handle spicy food. (I'm not really in the position to judge anyone on food things, seen as I can't even mix particular foods, or have "too much" crunchy food in a particular meal.) I've been eating more chilli things recently, which - if you could see how often I already eat them - is quite ridiculous. I like to think that eating spicy food in the day will keep me awake, as staying awake is my biggest struggle at the moment. That and revision, but pah revision, revision doesn't reeaallllyyy matter, sleep is the difference between life and death. Revision is more a case of wasting thousands of pounds/not wasting thousands of pounds. 

Life > money. Obviously. So sleep is more important. This is working in my head...ish.

I do think that spicy food keeps me awake though. As mental as that may sound. You can't sleep after spicy food, it just doesn't happen. You never hear anyone after a curry saying "Ahhh, what a nice meal, could really do with a nap now". Spicy food doesn't do that, it's not like the roast dinner. The roast dinner is like that wife that doesn't want to have sex with you, so she feeds you stodgy food so you just sleep instead. Spicy food doesn't do that. I'm not going to say "spicy food makes me spicy", cos I'm not a cheesy 50 year old crooner.

Let me get to my point. (I say that like I'm being stopped from writing, I'm not, I'm just being distracted by myself, my cuppa and Greg James on Radio 1, sorry Meg, I still love him). I am a great believer in "the nap". Last year I had regular naps, they weren't just "random" naps, I had the same naps, every week at the same time. Revision time means I'm bringing back the nap. 

A nap, followed by a spicy meal and several cups of tea. 
I don't think I'll ever want to fall asleep again...maybe.

<3

2 comments:

  1. I miss your Tuesday naps (I really hope I'm right that it was Tuesday...)
    I also miss being your neighbourino.
    Love Room 123 :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my Tuesday nap! It was SUCH a necessary nap though.
    I miss you being my neighbourino. You're so far away now. SO far.
    Love Room 121 <3

    ReplyDelete