Tuesday 10 August 2010

Surprises and Spontaneity.

I love going places, it doesn't even have to be far, I just like wandering around and soaking up that general "I'm not in my house, woo, I'm so adventurous" feeling. This weekend I travelled down to Oxford for my Gran's 75th Birthday party. It was a complete surprise, as she hates people making a fuss about her, but we did it anyway, clearly we don't care about her hatred of surprise. She seemed happy enough :).

After spending a day and a night in the little place of Fyfield I ventured in to Oxford to get the Oxford Tube to London. £11 for a student single ticket, bargain! I only decided I was going to go to London a couple of days before, I just fancied a mini-trip somewhere. I started reading my new book the day before, it's so funny. Definitely recommend, it's like Horrible History for adults. I went to Lawrence's and saw The Karate Kid, which was surprisingly really good! Had a 1940s-esque dinner and played lots of games on Sporcle before getting a relatively early night, I was so shattered after my millions (/2) early mornings.



Left Lawrence's early afternoon on Monday to meet Hannah at Euston. We planned to get a light lunch and meet Mark in a park, Regent's Park to be exact. I got this sparkling grape & elderflower drink from Pret and it was actually too amazing. I could just drink it forever. Blackpool, why do you not have a Pret?!?! Ridiculous town. You don't have a Wagamama either, I'm basically living in the Stone Age. We chatted and ate in Regent's Park with Mark before he had to bugger off back to North London. Hannah and I ended up walking to Covent Garden, purely to avoid the tube as it was 5.30 and we didn't have a death wish. Had dinner in Wagamama, both Hannah and I ordered all of the same things, EXACTLY, which is slightly embarrassing, but makes it rather easy when it comes to splitting the bill.

Lovely sunny day in Regent's Park <3

I love spontaneous trips.

2 comments:

  1. Such lovely family photos :) Looks like a fab day was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely snaps! And the book looks good - will hunt it down. :)

    ReplyDelete