Tuesday 17 August 2010

We broke up. We're back together. Everything is fine.

After the election I was extremely pissed off at everything and anything to do with politics. Mainly for the following reasons;

1. People who had no interest in politics were suddenly bombarding me with their opinions that they formed in the space of 5 minutes.
2. I have no ability to tune out of certain things, the election was one of those things. I also have a great love of Twitter, Facebook etc. and therefore couldn't escape hearing (/reading) the same arguments over and over again.
3. The more I read the more I decided I didn't know what I thought. This got really annoying.

Now it is mid-August. The election was literally months ago and I think, now that the coalition has been in charge for nearly a hundred days, I can finally get back in to reading about politics again. All my friends reading this will either be like "yay, we can chat about this" or "oh god no, she's NEVER going to shut up about political shit". I'm sorry for those of you in the latter group. Just tell me to shush, I promise to try. Being quiet has hardly been one of my strong points though, has it?

So yes, tonight I spent a good three hours reading blogs and catching up on everything (okay, not everything, as that would require more than three hours and probably a lot more tea breaks), but now I'm back in my bubble. My nice safe bubble of political awareness. Which will probably be popped soon enough, there's a copy of Saturday's Daily Mail in the front room, I might just go pop my bubble myself.

Grr.

No comments:

Post a Comment