Wednesday 3 November 2010

Having a dumb week

My friend Chris said to me the other day - when we were discussing politics -"people sacrifice their life to it". It was weird, I was up watching the US midterms on BBC News 24, I was knackered, it was 2am and I was just mindlessly watching it, half concentrating, giving a small "woo" when the Democrats won/held anything. Today, when I was on the way to the library in the rain I was thinking about what Chris said. I read so much political crap on a daily basis, and genuinely feel like I know nothing, like it's useless knowledge. I know it's not completely useless, some of what I read does go and in and it does stick. Comparing myself to people who've made politics their life will never help. I think I'm just having one of those weeks where I feel very dumb. It's not the best of feelings, I blame all the bastard smart people at this university. Urgh, smart fuckers.

No comments:

Post a Comment