Thursday 4 November 2010

Week/Weak

I am so utterly dead, but I'm in a writing mood, but not one that can be of any use to my degree, as that would be sinful. Productive towards my degree, urgh, no more. I've had this blog for just over a year, and in that time it's gone from "here's a list of things I did, aren't I productive and fun" blogs to "why aren't people fucking striking the passive wankers" blogs. I will say though, this blog is a massive distraction and I love a good distraction, preferably a pretty one...with good taste in music....and quick wit....

Because I don't really do the "here's what I did with my life, please confirm my ability to be a real person" blogs any more, here is a list of things I've done in the past couple of weeks :)

1. Went to London for the Feminism in London conference. That was good.
2. Walked from Euston Station, to Tower Bridge to Westminster then died.
3. Went to a Q&A in Coventry, Ed Miliband was answering questions. He was stood like a foot away from me at one point and smiled at me and I swooned. (There were two questions about trains at that thing, are people really that concerned about trains?)
4. Went to Warwick Labour things. Have met some lovely people. Had a ridiculous all-nighter that ended up with me seeing my Volunteering leader in Costa at 8.30am, I looked like such a mess. I wasn't even meant to go out, I was meant to watch Warwick Question Time, go home and make chilli then watch real Question Time. Instead I was awake for 26 hours and had a really stretched out hangover. Urgh.
5. Had a breakdown on Floor 5 of the library.
6. I made chilli con carne. I've never made it before, I was proud.
7. Bought 2 books, one cookbook, one amazing book.
8. Still haven't started my dissertation, don't have time/the motivation.

There we go, look, I'm a real person who does real people things.
Can you tell I'm feeling a little stressed and bitter about life?
I'll be over it by tomorrow, it's finnnnnneee.

2 comments:

  1. A breakdown on floor 5? That sounds almost profane!
    I remember you flat out telling me to do work for my dissertation (if you remember me commenting before) can I ask what your dissertatiuon is on. Also hi! I thought I'd drop by...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh it's been a while! Hello :)
    A breakdown (as in a crying one) and Floor 5 of the library, a lot less mechanic-y than it sounds, ha.
    I do remember telling you to do work on that dissertation, I stand by that and expect you to now do the same. My dissertation is probably (I'm still kind of iffy about the question, tbh) on something to do with women who are rather anti-feminist and seem to conform to the things that the patriarchal society wants them to do, whilst claiming it's 'empowering' (e.g. women who pose for Nuts magazine and then say "but it's so empowering, blah blah, the thought of loads of people seeing it, blah blah generic response crap". Should be interesting when I finally get time to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete