Friday 23 April 2010

Bitter

My essays will all be over in just over 2 weeks. I will have written 14,000 words. University of Warwick, you cut me deep, you really do. I'll have a few days off and begin revision for my 50% exams. Term 3 is ridiculously difficult and I've not even started it yet.

Enough emo crap. I'm feeling a bit drained after a week in the library (except Tuesday, I skipped that day). I had a meeting with the lovely education lady Sarah for Warwick Volunteers to become a project leader for mentoring. She said she'd definitely let me do it next year, which is exciting!! I do love mentoring and I'll get to be all responsible, so I get to sit at the stall next year at the Volunteer's Fair in Fresher's Week...and send all the emails and such, and have tons of responsibility, but it's so fun :). She said she'd also try and get me on to the Aim Higher Associate's Scheme, which involves going in to schools every week, like I already do, but this position is paid. Even if there are no places left on that scheme, I'll still be really happy doing the mentoring :)

The reason this post is called bitter is because of the following;
- I'm drinking honey and lemon, I put a little bit too much lemon in
- I seem to be in a bitchy mood recently (more so than usual), analysing every little thing people do and thinking it's some kind of plot against me. I know this is insane.
- I have started to dislike some people when they've done nothing to me, personally. I just don't like who they are any more. I can't decide whether this is bad or not. Surely it's okay to dislike someone just because they're not your sort of person? Even if you have known them for ages. I feel like I'm betraying my past, as I know that it's probably me who has changed and not them. But the new me thinks they are a douche.

I said this blog would never be an emotional diary, and I don't think it has been yet. I never post anything that personal, it's usually just updates on my life. So deepest apologies if you are sickened by any expressions of  my human emotion.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon Sophie! At least you have your mentoring to look forward to, all this shit will be worth it in the end... Much love Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Soph, it's all the stress of the masses of work. I've been feeling VERY similar to how you describe too (I have 5 assignments all due for the end of May ¬__¬). But we can fight all this work & we will prevail! XD
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Maria - Thanks lovely. I'm sure you're under just as much stress. It's just mental how much work we have to do. It'd better be worth it!! Hope you're okay :) xxxxx

    @Harry - We shall prevail!!!! Why we've ever volunteered to go in to this further education malarky I shall never know :P. I shall keep the saying 'means to an end' in my head and hope that helps :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete