Thursday 8 April 2010

"Sophie, the politicsy shit is on the tv" "Ahh thanks for calling my interests shit, YOU SHIT"

Okay, so firstly, the formalities. Hello blog, it's been a while! I've been moving house, it's been hectic. Hearing my Dad complain he can't find anything is now more than standard...what is more than standard, just annoyingly all the time? I've no idea, but he says he can't find things too much for my liking. I have painted my room white, need to do a second coat as it's a wee pit patchy. I've written about 3500/14000 words. Such a fail, but I'll hopefully knock this up to 5000 by the end of the week :) Which is perfectly fine...kinda sorta. Pah!! I go back to uni on Wednesday (a week and a half early, madness), so I can get work done. BOOM.

I'm very aware 'politicsy' isn't a word, but I don't care. I will use it and enjoy using it as all you dictionary weirdos squirm (I know that dictionary weirdos are quite few and far between, and if they enjoy good spelling and grammar my blog is the least likely place they'll be). Anyway, they announced the general election which was shockingly on that date that everyone thought it was on, May 6th. If it hadn't been that date I would have found it hilarious (I know it's not that funny). Obviously many campaign billboards have been out for a while, none of them are petty or bitchy or cheesy at all. Not a single one *rolls eyes*

Have a gander at a few favourite rip offs/general funny ones.




Not only are some of these posters HILARIOUS, but a lot of them make a point. Probably not the ones I've just posted, although I think the third poster is quite important. David Cameron, when questioned about the airbrushing, said he had a "baby face". He's in his 40s. No-one in their 40s looks like that. I'm just going to say it's all a bit wishy-washy and be done with it. I am genuinely interested in politics and watching "Election 2010" coverage on the BBC whenever I find a spare second does make me weirdly happy, I just like being informed. I obviously don't expect anyone to be this bothered about anything I've written so far, not many people I know seem to be. Although I think anyone reading this should REGISTER TO VOTE ASAP. Please :)

I'm currently thinking of ways to accessorize my room. I want to have lots of pretty frames, lots of colour and lots of patterns. I just want a room with personality. Something that is my own and I can look at and be so proud because I did it all myself. That is my mission this summer. That...and to read the books I bought to read last summer and ended up buying more books and reading those instead. I suppose it's all knowledge, in some way or another.

I'm just going to plod along through the next few months, hope that it doesn't rain too much, and hope my parents buy me nice carpet for my room. Oh and pass my 2nd year of uni, that'd be quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment