Thursday 15 April 2010

Non-home comforts.

My current home is a building site. The carpet is up, there are holes in the floor where they're changing pipes, the bathroom has been ripped out and everyone is stressed. It's just stressful, for everyone, even the dog (as she has to be kept in one room so she doesn't fall down the holes in the floor, ha). As much as living in a new house is excited, waking up to bleeping, hammers and drills every morning just ain't my thing.

This is why I'm glad to be back at uni. Obviously I'll miss home, well...at the moment I don't miss that house, I miss the people in that house. But being at uni means I'm back in control of everything I do, control is good, deciding things for myself is very important to me, I hate being restricted by home, which is weird, cos I never really felt 'restricted' until this holiday. Things like buying and cooking what I want to eat, not having to be answerable to anyone when I go anywhere, getting up whenever I want and not having anyone comment when I do eventually get downstairs, the internet at uni is better (ha), home can be lonely when rents are at work and friends are away. I think I'm just growing up and realising that living away from home ISN'T-THAT-SCARY.

I plan to write about 700 words today and then 600 words tomorrow and hopefully that'll add to the 1700 words I already have, and be one essay done. HURRAH. I have every hope I can do it. As 700 words in a day is not hard. I really hope these essays turn out okay. I'm so worried that I think they're good and they'll be shite :|

I'm going to piss off now and watch some stuff on politics to get my fix. General election soooooon, OOoOoOoh. Then I shall begin my essay. BOOM, I WILL DO THIS.

I'd much rather be at Rampley's house having tea and cake <3

http://twitter.com/SophieBryce < For more crap and unfunny updates on my average life, go here.

2 comments:

  1. i like this, no i love this :) btw guess who got a car today? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww :)
    And no way!?! Did you buy a car?! That's mad!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete