Thursday 29 July 2010

Mitchell and Webb

Recently I've been watching a lot of British comedy; varying from the '90s classic of Gimme Gimme Gimme to the more recent joy of The Inbetweeners.
Basically, every so often, I'm going to post a few videos from a British comedian (/comedy duo) that I like. I expect most people to know of the people I post about, I'm hardly raving about any obscure comedians. I accept my mainstream-ness. I just want to build up a collection of blog posts full of things that make me, and hopefully you, laugh :). If you don't know about whoever it is I'm chatting about then that's all good, I could've introduced your face to something you may enjoy. Wahoo, winners all round. I'm obviously not going to go over their whole life's work in any of the blog posts by the way. You have wikipedia, use it.

Mitchell & Webb

Both of these videos are from That Mitchell and Webb Look. The first one is of the Green Clarinet Man (from series 1, episode 3), the second is a Sunday Afternoon (from series 3, episode 6). I can't explain how much I love Robert Webb in the first sketch. It's brilliant. (They've done a lot of "That Mitchell and Webb..." stuff by the way. I'm not going to list it all, I'm sure you can use Google...you're smart people.)





Here's a couple from Peep Show (YouTube won't allow me to have this embedded). Also, brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XveT0dAznSk&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkrGOhLJuhY&feature=related

David Mitchell's Soapbox



David Mitchell also does a Radio 4 show called The Unbelievable Truth and a show that was on BBC television called The Bubble. Both Mitchell and Webb have newspaper columns too, both of which are usually quite funny. David Mitchell's column & Robert Webb's column.

Series 4 of That Mitchell & Webb Look is currently on the BBC.
Robert Webb is currently narrating Young, Dumb and Living Off Mum, which is joyous for many reasons.

If you know of any comedians similar to Mitchell and Webb that I may like then drop me a comment. I'm always hunting for new material (not in a Keith Chegwin way).
(God I hope people get that Keith Chegwin reference, googlenews it if you didn't)

2 comments:

  1. Ah I love Mitchell & Webb. Have you seen The Smoking Room? Robert Webb is outstanding in that and it's an utter joy of a programme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen The Smoking Room. I knew he was in it, but I've just never got round to watching it. I might rent it from somewhere, if it's got Webb in it, it must be good (no-one can fault that logic) :)

    ReplyDelete