Thursday 30 September 2010

Delirium *sings LadyHawke*

I'm currently sat in my university library, I've been waiting for an hour for some books (as Floor 5 is closed and it is also my second home, it's outrageous). So whilst the man gets everyone's books I am sat here trying to occupy myself and have thus turned to blogging. Ahhh, life. I realised that I can spellcheck all this too, as there is a blogger spellchecker. Internet Explorer - which is what our library computers all have - is the most archaic thing ever. It doesn't have a spellchecker, its slow AND it isn't even pretty. It's shite, basically. I don't know anyone who still uses it, even Meg -who was using it until Marchish this year- has now converted to the other browsers of joy.

Anyway, this blog has no purpose, I'm literally just bored out my face. I can't read any more political blogs, I've got my Google Reader down from 490 to 400 today, that is way more than my brain can deal with. I'm thirsty, hungry and I probably need to pee but I don't want to let my computer out of my sight, because random international students always leap on the computer, despite me being CLEARLY logged on. Anyway, I think I'm going delirious from all the things I just mentioned. I wish this man would hurry up. I want to go home and eat a mince pie. I so don't regret buying those mince pies, I don't give a shit if it's September, mince pies are amazing. In fact that's a lie, not all mince pies are nice, but these Co-op ones are lovely. Right done talking about mince pies.

Erm, today I read about Ed Miliband, Ed Miliband...and like...more Ed Miliband. Seriously, how many words can be written about this? It can't be much more surely? I think I've read everything ever about his election as Labour leader. I can't not read it, as I have a fear of missing out on some crucial information. It's one of the reasons I follow so many blogs, I feel like I need to know a lot of stuff about a lot of things. It gets very tiring. AND I'm not even that good at remembering any of it. I'm alright, but I'm rather clumsy with my knowledge, I tend to remember a lot of useless stuff and then the interesting stuff can only be retrieved once someone says it, which is USELESS. Apparently I'm meant to be getting a degree. Apparently I'm also in 3rd year. Urrgghhh, I need another 3 years at uni at this rate...*ponders about a masters...*

This is the biggest load of bollocks I've ever written. Although if you occasionally read my ramblings you probably have a favourite other shit post. My favourite is the one I did just before my Gender, Culture, Popular Media exam in 2nd year (I still got a 2:1 for that exam, so I can't be that bad at life). That was a stressful time, relieved by shit-blogging. It's very therapeutic (can't spell that, thank God for spellcheck).

I'm going to buy myself a cookie and get my books which should be here at some point...I've been waiting over an hour and a half :( AND I have no bag to carry them home in, so will have a carry a massive pile of books with my actual arms. How stressful is that :|

Oh and for those of you wondering why I'm getting books when term starts on Monday. I'm using my smartz and gettin' em befor everyone else wantz em. BOOM. Intelligence for you there *bows*

God, I properly need some tea...possibly a sleep.

2 comments:

  1. First of all- I LOVE Ladyhawke :) And secondly, THANK GOD there is someone else who is as obsessed with mince pies as me :D I like trying all the varieties so that come Christmas, I know which ones to buy (lame I know!) Also, what are you doing your dissertation on?

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mince pies are AMAZING. I love them, but I'm laying off them for a while, til it's November at least...
    I'm doing my dissertation of commodification of sex and basically a lot about what classes as women's liberation and such. You know when pop stars prance around in almost no clothes and say they feel liberated as a woman, I'm doing rather a bit on that. Bit higgledy-piggledy at the moment. But hopefully I'll get a more solid idea when I've read more :D xxx

    ReplyDelete