Friday 3 September 2010

Tinie Tempah - Mass Culture is Art






My lovely friend Cat has started a blog called Mass Culture is Art and I get the joy of being a contributor.

My first post is about Tinie Tempah's lyrical masterpiece 'Frisky' (you should all know me well enough by now to detect the sarcasm in my sentences)





"Tempah finds this woman and she is most definitely a ‘winner’. She’s clearly many things that chivalrous Mr. Tempah finds simply spine-tingling. Conditioned hair, a manicure, she talks lots and of course, she looks like a bit of sinner, which is just a nicer way of saying ‘she’s probably up for it’. It's hard to gather whether this song is about a one night stand or Tempah just having sex with a girl that likes him, but he doesn’t really care about that. Although, judging by these lyrics, he doesn't sound too pleasant about whatever it is he feels:

“Girl you better keep your distance I just wanna have eh eh,
I'm on a mission I don't even wanna kiss her,
Honey I won't even miss ya when I'm done with ya”


We all know that ‘eh eh’ is sex, but this song has to be played everywhere, so obviously the lyrics have been edited so they don’t sound at all explicit *rolls eyes*. In the video the two men have a nice laugh after saying ‘I won’t even miss ya when I’m done with ya’, lovely chaps. The fact that he doesn’t want to kiss her shows that he really just wants sex, kissing can often conjure a sense of intimacy that involves feelings, something that Tempah isn’t really looking for (something we've kind of gathered by now.) He has no feelings towards the woman he’s pursuing he wants to ‘pick her up, and put her down’, although he does think she’d be good on television, which is nice of him to notice. [read more]"




No comments:

Post a Comment