Thursday 16 September 2010

Pope? Meh.

I have no opinion on the Pope's visit, I'm genuinely indifferent (hence the 'meh'), I wish people would stop brining up the cost though, it isn't important. Grr. It's a nice place to be, this indifference island. I was going to discuss why I don't care, but it's been done much better over at Enemies of Reason.

However, a couple of things anyway, as I always like a good(ish) write.

I don't like saying I'm an Atheist, but I don't believe in God. I don't really understand it either, but basically I get scared of calling myself an Atheist in case people lump me in with the religion-haters. I am certainly not a religion-hater. I also dislike Dawkins's whole 'religion is awful and it's corrupting our children and soon creationism will be taught in schools rather than evolution and the world is going to crumble if we don't bow down to the superior power of the Atheists' blah, shit. I have no problem with the man, I just think that he's become a big of a figurehead for Atheism and I don't agree with everything he says, so I don't really want to be part of his 'club'. Other than all of those issues, I'm probably an Atheist...maybe. I'm possibly an Agnostic, as I like the idea of something, not necessary a God. I like the idea of a presence, but something entirely subjective.

In general, religion can be nice and it can also be horrible. Like most things :)

(This post had a lot of "I"s in it. Sorry for that. I won't be so self-obsessed next time...)

6 comments:

  1. Oh YOU won't be so self-obsessed, will YOU? It's all about YOU! :P

    Anyway, that's why I read your blog, because it's about you and your thoughts. S'good. Keep at it please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post a lot. Because I'm in a similar mood to you, but I think I'm swaying more towards the 'yes' than 'no' side. We should discuss this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul - You make a valid point. But I feel a little uncomfortable talking about myself a lot. I feel I do that enough on Twitter. THERE'S SO MUCH ME, AND IT'S WEIRD.

    Nikki - I've swayed more towards yes too. We shall discuss it. Skype sesh soon? I miss your northern face <3 xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed how some of the religious freaks at work have gotten so bitter lately. Just snide. I didn't think it was suppose to be like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your thoughts. I totally do the me thing on my blog too. I think this I think that...we're all guilty:)

    http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete