Wednesday 1 September 2010

Rock en Seine, Paris

This summer my holiday was to Paris for a music festival called Rock en Seine. This combines two things I absolutely love, live music and an amazing historical beautiful city. I love gigs, although I've stopped going to them recently because I suddenly feel really old, the crowds are always full of 15 year old children that are  incredibly hyper and generally pissing annoying. I understand being excited, but when that means you look like you've taken too many Es and you can't go 5 minutes without taking at least a handful of pictures of yourself, I don't want to be there to witness the horror.


The Music

The band I really wanted to see was Blink-182. As a mosher/emo teenager they were my life. I don't really listen to them anymore, but they still hold a really important place in my musicy mosher heart. They were amazing live, which I was quite shocked at, as I'd heard otherwise from quite a lot of people. They were amazing, I won't discuss it anymore, they were just fab.
I won't bore you with all the details of the music, you had to be there, definitely. Foals were brilliant live, probably the best I've ever seen. Electric Bloom was AMAZING, everything about the performance was perfect. I think I'm possibly in love with Yannis Philippakis. Well, I would be if it wasn't for a drunk Luke Pritchard coming on stage and being so incredibly drool-worthy. He's just so hot. 


Paris - It's probably better if I show you in pictures :)


The Smiths - Cemetery Gates lyrics at Oscar Wilde's grave.
Notre Dame
Pompidou Centre
Lovely.

Things that need a mention but I will not provide details:
Festival toilets, French boys, ugly naked guy, rain, the spider check song, Meg organised smugness, crepes, the amazing wine board, the amazing festival food, smoking, Patrice, "Yeah yes yeaah yeah yeah", Edith Piaf, singing in the Metro, French PDAs, Hannah's hat, SO MANY MORE (will edit and add when I can remember).

1 comment: